Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Endless Summer

I haven't ever really used my blog before, but after a summer of travels, I figured it was about time to post a few things. I'll go for a more detailed shot of the vacations soon, but for now I thought I would just include a few highlights.

And just as an aside, I do own (and did wear) more than just the one black striped shirt that shows up strangely in 90% of the pictures.

Phoenix, Jordan, Israel, Egypt, Utah, Belize, Canada, Mt. Rushmore, and Switzerland

June - Good bye Party in Phoenix















We had a swimming pool, pool table, outdoor fire pit, games, food, etc. It was a good time, but hard to say good bye after 3 1/2 years. I miss it a lot.















Jordan - The Petra Treasury, a view of our nightly meal, and a photo in front of Lawrence of Arabia's Seven Pillars of Wisdom














Israel - Wailing Wall, Dome of the Rock, with the Barker family at the BYU Jerusalem Center, the Garden Tomb














Egypt - Camels, pyramids, and a couple of sphynx (the big famous one and the smaller one as well.)














Family Vacation in Utah














Belize - The scuba diving trip of a lifetime














Canada - The West Coast Trail. A 75k, 6 day backpacking trip. Unbelievably beautiful.














Mt. Rushmore

Switzerland - Hiking the Alps
I may eventually get around to posting more pictures and more details from each of the trips, but in case I don't, there is a small sample. It was fun, rushed, crazy, and I don't think I'll ever plan so much in so short a time again, but it was amazing.



4 comments:

Martha said...

I'm glad you posted all that--it's fun to catch a glimpse of your summer. (I'm surprised the high school reunion isn't ranked up there with Israel and Jordan :) Hope school is going well!

Allison said...

Yeah! I hope you keep blogging so we can keep up on things in Chicago. Love you Mitch!

4-Slyce said...

hey mike, really cool pictures from the middle east... huh...

Spencer said...

My favorite was the action with the sphinx!